[Dailydrool] chemo advice

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 16 07:10:54 PST 2009

Last week I was asked to foster a little Tibetan spaniel.
  Because 'Annie' was unable to live with other dogs, she went to my nearly 80-year-old mum instead.
  This has worked out very well, they have fallen for each other and Mum is considering becoming a foster failure.
  But (and there's always a but) Annie, who is nine years old, has to have chemotherapy every month for an inflamitory condition. And herein lies the problem. Mum has been told she must wear gloves to handle any pee or poop for a week and Annie cannot come into contact with my two for a week either (which is difficult, as mum spends most weekends here). But what I really need to know is does the toxicity wear off a poop that is left in the garden? Because what I don't want is my little poop-eating Clara going over to gran's and snacking on old poop that could poison her.
  Does anyone have any experience of, or knowledge about this?
  Thanks
  Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK