[Dailydrool] longhaired bassets

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Fri Jan 16 13:42:03 PST 2009

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset, Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Come on, people!  Give me a break.  Surely you Drool veterans know that Miss Angela is hyper suggestible.  All of this talk about long haired bassets now has her demanding that I somehow procure hair extensions for her.  Hair extensions!
When the topic was ear length a couple of years ago, she decided that she needed ear enhancement surgery.  Now it's hair extensions.  Technically I would think that it would be very difficult (given her heavy shedding) to get the extensions in the first place.  She doesn't consider for a moment that it might make the use of the Furminator (which she adores) impossible.  She doesn't stop to think how much it would reduce my bourbon budget if I were to buy hair extensions.    It's just one damned thing after another.   Thank doG that she won't wear costumes or I would be on the water wagon permanently.

I guess I can count myself fortunate that she didn't notice the postings about paw size.  Or maybe she is a bit sensitive about the size of her feet.  Anyway, she was not interested in that aspect of basset beauty.   She probably doesn't think that it would help when she is "discovered" by Hollywood or Broadway.

Bill  (Maybe a walk will distract her, even if it is only about 30 degrees.)
Angela (Please, maybe.  Distract, never)

Dat's nebber to youse, Brudder.