[Dailydrool] Mabel is failing

msbbeabear at comcast.net msbbeabear at comcast.net
Fri Jan 16 17:56:27 PST 2009

Can you send some drool our way.  Poor 14 yr. old Mabel has been sick the past two days.  She stopped eating today and hardly will drink water.  I took her to another vet tonight and she did blood work and skin tests and she has D. Mange the immunity kind.  Her blood work shows her kidneys are failing.  I can not get her to eat.  We have scads of medicine that I came home with.  My husband just left to pick up some pepcid ac and some antacid.  WE hope we can get her up and running again.  The vet said she could do treatments at the hospital but it might keep her alive and might not.  She figures, treatment might give her another week or so if that.  We are keeping her comfortable and seeing what happens in the next day or so.  If she isn't showing any signs of getting better by Monday,  we may have to be merciful and send her to the bridge.  She gave her a shot of antibodics and maybe that will kick in.  I don't want to see her sick like she is and just want to see her peaceful.  Has anyone had failing kidneys and what did you do or not do for them?

Renee