[Dailydrool] Re; Bassets and the Moon

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Fri Jan 16 19:14:03 PST 2009

Dottie, I have to say, Elvis Ray is kin to Brudder Jake, no doubt. Jake would be fine, then all of a sudden, I owned devil dog. He would out of the blue have a go at?one of the others, he would just act weird all of a sudden. It would last for a few days. I asked Sandi Wittenburg about this, she said Debbie, you need to chart this behavior with the onset of the full moon. I raised a eyebrow, but Sandi is a basset wizard with dog behavior, I marked the calendar-checked for the next full moon. The next month, Jake has a go at Sister Daisy. I remembered what Sandi had said, checked the calendar, and go figure, we are at the full moon. I watched closely--next month I was ready, or so I thought, I seen the change begin, the eyes were always a bit different, more intense, it was like he was always searching-just different than my "normal" Bruddder Jake. Well he decided that month that Elder Clara needed to be knocked off her perch.? This didn't go over well by the way--but here it was another full moon episode. Three in a row since I had been keeping score. This month, with a new calendar, the moon was not marked and life being what it is, it was in the back of my mind. As I drove down the road, they made mention of the woof moon this month--great, this sounded really drastic for me, I watched Brudder Jake, sure enough, the eyes changed, the hunt began, the bully came out, right along with the moon. When I seen the change, I put the ultra Alpha clamps on him-and so far this time we have had no incidents. I learned a couple valuable lessons in all this, watch the eyes, the calendar and NEVER doubt the basset wizard.

Drool to all in need

Debbie Winchester
Ol' Bob, Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake, OEBE Elder Clara - Queen of Farts,
Brudder Elwood OEBE
Instigator of Evil Deeds
Virginia Beach Basset Hounds