[Dailydrool] Bassets and the Moon

Pat Wood patshoundies at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 16 20:42:10 PST 2009

I work with folks with dementia and mental illness, and let me tell you ....they don't call it "lunacy" for nothing!

I never have to even look up in the sky to KNOW there is a full moon, and I'll be medical folks who deal with folks with mental problems can confirm this....things just "come alive" and there is alot of crazy stuff which happens to folks during the full moon cycle

My father-in-law, who was a Navy man, and lived deep in the bowels of ships, not surfacing for days, said he could also tell when the moon was full, even "down under" because folks became so "looney"...

it's true!  (thankfully, my bassets are "older" and just sleep through it all (whew!)........no matter the weather or full moon!

and, by the way that cold has even hit Florida - we're supposed to go down to 29 degrees with a heft wind chill too tonight in north Central Florida......brrrrr...it will definately be a 3 hound night tonight!

Pat Wood
Suncoast Basset Rescue
Ethel (can I sleep on your feet tonight?)
Oliver & Hannah (we'll each take one side of her and keep her warm) she won't be able to move!!!! tee hee