[Dailydrool] Raffle for Ruthie

Pam Farris savethebassets at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 17 04:33:36 PST 2009

Another Fabulous Raffle Item To Benefit Ruthie - Our returned puppy machine mom who has glaucoma

Hi everyone!  Congratulations to Carol Tchebanoff, mom to Reggie, a 2008 BRF alumni, for her win of the cute Marc Tetro framed print donated by Jacky and Michael Pomponio.  BRF raised $730.00 towards Ruthie's surgery.  This made a huge dent in the amount of the surgery, but we are still $300.00 short to cover the cost of the emergency surgery we had to have done.  Ruthie also needs ongoing medications in an attempt to save her other eye as long as possible.  We hope that we can have her in her really forever home before we have to have surgery on her other eye and she is totally blind.  That way she can learn her way around while she still has some sight.   Jacky and Michael have come to the rescue again (no pun intended) and donated a fabulous Handpainted and Signed By The Pawtist Terracotta Ginger Jar with Lid for us to raffle off for Ruthie's benefit. This one of a kind jar would be appropriate for basset treats or even as the final resting place of
 your beloved basset's remains.  If I could participate, I would be buying tickets right and left - the bassets that are on the jar are precious and as usual, my photography doesn't do the item justice (and just ignore the wrinkled sheet behind it - who owns an iron anymore?).  The colors are a rosy terracotta, true blue, brown, black and ivory.  It is 8" tall and 20" around at its widest point (all measurements approximate). Tickets are our usual 1 for $1, 8 for $5, 20 for $10, 50 for $20 and may be received by going to The BRF Website , scrolling down to the PayPal button and making your donation.  Just note that it is for Ruthie's raffle.  You will receive an email with your virtual raffle ticket numbers within 72 hours of your donation and the virtual drawing will take place on February 2nd. Please open your pocketbooks (and wallets) and donate, donate, donate!
Thanks,The Bassets of Basset Rescue of Florida(and most especially Ruthie)

Some pictures are here:
http://photobucket.com/BassetRescueFlorida

Pam Farris
Basset Rescue of Florida, Inc.