[Dailydrool] housekeeping challenge

Margaret Honnold machonnold at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 18 05:03:50 PST 2009

Holly Learns about the steam cleaner....sooo many lessons! Such fun to watch...

       What’s That Hissing
Noise?
(Sadie, what’s a steam cleaner?)       by Maggie Honnold
My Ma has a big blue thing that
sounds just like the cat, it makes a hissing noise and spits… but its tail is
flat.
My Ma gets it out now, about
every other day, and it lives right in the dining room, she won’t put it away.
I can’t decide if it’s good or
bad and or if it wants to play, for it sends a little heat at me that makes me
back away.
Ma fills it with water and then
she plugs it in, to my favorite outlet and the hissing sound begins….
It gathers up a head of steam and
then begins to puff and I just run along beside and bark and does my puppy stuff.
I want to play with it soooooo
bad but my Ma tells me “no”, she says “Holly don’t you touch it for it will
burn you so.”
There are lots of household
things I know I must learn about, like the toilet bowl is not for me to get a
drink of water out.
Or that the great soft-cushioned
bed is really way too tall for me to jump right down from, yikes, it means I
will fall.
But this big, blue, hissing kitty
just looks like lots of fun, and it doesn’t have those claws or teeth that make
me want to run.
I think that I’ll just bide my
time and wait till Ma is done, and when in the corner it goes to sleep and all
Ma’s work is done….
I’ll sneak right up and sniff it,
and maybe I can see if it really wants to play with me or I should let it be…..