[Dailydrool] How do you know if your basset is happy?

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Mon Jan 19 08:45:11 PST 2009

All of my girls show their happiness with their

wiggle, jiggle tushies, but each one has their own
little ways to show me they are happy.

Sadie- My tails go in circles at a nickzillion miles per hour.
Tucker - I run back and forth while doing my best Elvis smile.
Abby - I jump up and down then roll over on my tummy so
I can get a rub.  If food is involved I warble like a bird.
Nelly Belle-  I roll over on my back with my legs up in the air
and swish back and forth.  I am happiest when I make Momma
build the fire and I curl up all contended and sleep.

All of the droolers meet me at the door anytime I come in.
You would think that I have been gone for years.  It is
especially cute when I have been out to take out the trash.

I also think they show their happiness when they are sleeping.
They seem so contented and peaceful as they dream
their houndie dreams without a worry in the world.

Karen and The Dog House Gang