[Dailydrool] Any other IL droolers hear about this?

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 07:23:06 PST 2009

I was watching the morning news (on WGN) this morning, and they were talking
about new legislation aimed at helping stop puppymill puppies from being
sold at pet stores. (Or, at least that's what they hope). I didn't research
it all yet, but the news story said that all shops selling dogs will need to
be able to show proof of the puppy's breeding, have breeder info on file,
and provide all health certificates, etc. Now, I'm glad that they're making
an effort, but it still doesn't sound completely full proof. (And, call me
nuts, but from what I've heard on the drool, not many, if any, reputable
breeders out there would ever dream of having their pups sold at pet stores,
isn't that correct?)

Just curious if anyone else had heard about this legislation, and could shed
more light on it. I tried to recall what all was covered in the news story,
but may've missed some of it, and haven't had much time to research it
(gotta do some work at the hound supporting job!)

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey, Aunty to Checkers & Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473