[Dailydrool] IL Puppy Mill legislation

Heather Lessely heather.lessely at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 12:58:29 PST 2009

I guess I have to say I admire the fact that our state is trying to make things better for pups, but basically, they're requiring pet stores to have breeder information on file, the breeders have to have "humane" facilities that include food, shelter, some medical care, and that's really about it from what I can see. Unfortunately, I have two puppy mill dogs (yes, I did the investigating when I learned better) that were purchased from pet stores with "legitimate" breeder information attached. I guess it comes down to education of the public that a "responsible" breeder wouldn't sell their dogs through a pet store....

Here's an article and some videos on this legislation:
http://cbs2chicago.com/local/puppy.mills.bill.2.911474.html

Heather, slave at the OEBE Chicagoland Regional Division
Pw. Wendell W. Bottom OEBE Viceroy (CKC registered from petstore), Bailey Mackenzie, OEBE Evil Enchantress (Ohio Rescue Basset - Hi Auntie Eva!), and Probert BABES Pugilist (AKC registered from petstore), and the cats Bilbo (from the Strays Halfway House) and Sparkey (adoped from a pet shelter and moved through the family after my original mom and dad person went to the bridge)