[Dailydrool] Basset-loving men

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Mon Jan 19 18:09:44 PST 2009

<<Where does one find?a man such as yours, and does he?have a/any like-minded single brother/s???LOL!????>>

Well, I don't think you would find Drew's brother like-minded. He has a cat, but since he spends most of his life working, if he had a dog, it would be virtually ignored.

I think such men are made, not born. And I have to give our Lady Jane credit for making him. One look into those little puppy eyes, and he was under her spell.

Sure, I sometimes say things like, "No, you shouldn't do _____ with [or to] the dog." I've fed Drew all sorts of Drool information about bassets, but he's never read much of the Drool. I think Jane trained him, without a doubt. She gave him the look, and he was at her command.

Of course, the day we had all three dogs in the back of the Honda Accord and Abner had so little room he ended up rolling down the window with one of his Texas-muffin-size paws may have had something to do with Drew's suggestion that we needed a van. So maybe Abner's really the one who's responsible for our car choice.

How do bassets make men love them? I don't know. I only know that when such a basset-to-human connection occurs, it's truly life changing.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets