[Dailydrool] Need Help with Elevated Bile Acids

Jeff & Judy Faust faustjj at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 20 15:32:17 PST 2009

Does anyone have any experience with elevated bile acids in their basset?  My Fred, who is 5 years old and by all appearances very healthy, had another liver function test done and the results were supposed to be less than 7 and less than 15 and they were 243 and 316.  He had elevated liver enzymes and underwent an ultrasound which did not show anything significant, but they thought that the blood supply to his liver looked "odd."  Now his liver enzymes are normal but his bile acids are still way too high.

If anyone has any experience with this, could you please e-mail me off line?  They suggested another ultrasound and this is really running into some big bucks.  Just want to know what your experiences are and if you have any suggestions.

And by the way, Fred has the WORST bellybutton lint I have ever seen!  When he rolls over for a bellyrub it looks like he has a wad of dryer lint in his bellybutton!  LOL.

Thanks for all your help,

Judy, Bubbles (13+ and doing very well, thank you) and Big Fred ( I feel fine.  What's the big deal?)
Brownsburg, Indiana