[Dailydrool] Doxies and bassets

Megan Knapik mcknap at comcast.net
Tue Jan 20 15:34:35 PST 2009

Just had to chime in - We added a 5 month old mini doxie to our house 1 yr
ago 1/30. Peanut renamed Panini was the product of an unexpected backyard
breeding - no idea which of 2 males was the Daddy. She was purchased by a
single mom with a 3 yr old who worked and was an EMT, who never had a dog of
her own before. Needless to say - wasn't long before they determined the pup
was more than they could handle. She nipped the child and was put on line
for a new home

Friends of mine knew the gal, knew I was having a bit of a ruff patch and
that Mabel the 10 yr old Basset was unhappy as she had lost her 14 yr old
mix dog playmate So they sent heart rendering pictures and a plea and home
she came

Prior to this the smallest dog I ever had was the Basset so it has been
quite the re education. Definitely a ;it;e dog with alotta attitude but this
one has made a fan out of me (and I think out of her big sister as well)

They just seem to go together

Megan , Mabel & Panini