[Dailydrool] Maple, a 4 years old basset being relinquished needs foster home

Virginia Oliveira duda.tuppence at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 20 17:18:50 PST 2009

Hi Everyone

Again, the owner of Maple, a 4 years old basset, called me saying she is at her wits end, because Maple does not obey. For example, she is tired that Maple is having diarrhea constantly, because she eats the birds seed. She told me she has told Maple innumerous times not to eat it but she does not listen. I told her she has to take it from her reach, she said she realized that (but kept it within her reach...). She said that Maple and bassets are farm dogs, outside dogs and she can't keep maple because she does not have a farm or a farm-space for her. I told her that no, they are not farm dogs, I have two and they live in the house, they are inside dogs. Again she said she knows it.
I believe that what happens is that she does not take the time to basset proof the house, instead she wants Maple not to touch what she can't. The bird seed for example, she said she is tired of cleaning after her diarrhea, but why not put the bird seed out of her reach??I can't understand it.
Well, I'm looking for a foster home for Maple. She said she is funny and lovable and healthy.
We are in Calgary so if you live around here and would like to foster could you please contact me off list?
If I can't find a foster home she will take her to the Humane Society. It makes me sad, it seems she has no love or attachments to Maple. Considering my attachments to my babies Xaxa and Violeta, it is very strange to me not being able to get attached to a baby like this.
Drool to all
Virginia, loving mom of Xaxa and Violeta

"I'm truly convinced, by faith and experience that living on this earth is not a trial but a pastime. If we live simply and wisely. Simplify, simplify."
- Thoreau