[Dailydrool] Tail lump and zippers and Reiki

Leah McConnell lmcconnell at centurytel.net
Thu Jan 22 18:26:41 PST 2009

Forest FloorRusty, the Basset my family owned while I was in high school,
had a lump under her tail for a number of years. It was benign and never
seemed to bother her. She had it right up to the time she went to the
bridge. Maggie, my sweet little OEBE, taught herself to open the zipper on
my back pack. She had a whole hour to study it on a ferry ride home from the
mainland. I kept her treats in a baggie in the pack. I need treats to get
her to get in and out of the car so trips off island can require a lot of
treats. We were no sooner in the apartment then she had the zipper open and
the treat bag in her mouth. It was a struggle to get them back that involved
a lot of yelling and growling a few smacks on the rumpbones for growling at
mom. I always keep the backpack zippered up tight when there are treats in
it so I know she unzipped it. I am pretty certain she had opened it a time
before that but couldn't remember if I had left it open. Now the backpack
lives on a hanger in the coat closet when I am not using it. When Maggie was
so sick with pancreatitis, a friend came over and gave her a Reiki
treatment. He pinpointed the area that was causing the problem and she was a
better the next morning and on the mend. At the time he came over, I did not
know she had pancreatitis until the next day. At the time she was still so
sick I was starting to think of who might want to be there when I had to
send her to the bridge. I called him because I was desperate and was
clutching at any straw that might keep her with me. I honestly believe that
all the Drool and Reiki make the difference as well as some excellent vet
care.

Leah, momslave to Maggie the Evil Empress of the San Juan Islands OEBE