[Dailydrool] George to the bridge

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 02:16:05 PST 2009

I would like to tell you about a friend of my younger daughter, Eve.
  When Eve was an infant her mother brought home a basset puppy, George.
  Eve and George grew up together, Eve to a smart young woman, now 16, and George to a smooshy red and white boy with a typical bassety sense of humour.
  George was the one who infected my youngest with the basset fairy.
  Yesterday, George was helped to Rainbow Bridge after an illness at the end of a long, happy life.
  Eve is inconsolable. She was so upset, she didn't want even to receive condolances because it would hurt too much. However, she said she does want a memorial. . .

  So, We thought we would ask Droolers, who we know would understand how Eve is feeling, to send her some kind thoughts via me. We will print them all off and make her a scrapbook in George's memory.

  I hope some of you will feel able to do this for a very distressed young woman and her beautiful boy.

  Here is a picture of George, with Eve, Rolph and Tilly

  http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb25/Fitzspaniel/IMGP0261.jpg

  Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK