[Dailydrool] HELP!! Gussy has Itching Skin!!

pat chambers gussy2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 14:46:35 PST 2009

hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing fine and all houndies are well ! This is
my first post this year. I am on here for 10 years but I don't post to
often.  But I now have a question and who best to ask , but all of you!!
For about 2 months now, Gussy is scratching like crazy. I checked him and
believe me he does not have flea's.  We only have a cement back yard, not
that he couldn't get flea's , but I think the chance is less. But anyway I
have checked him very well and I am sure he has none.  He has always had
some dandroff. But now when I comb him , he has a zillion pieces of it. He
is tri color by the way and has a black back. He is almost 11 years old.
When I comb him his whole back is totally white, that is how dry his skin
is.  Is there anything I can give him?? That is my question for all of you.
Someone mentioned Cod liver oil, but I would never do anything without
consulting you droolers, because you guys are the best and have the greatest
advise that anyone could give anyone.  Or if anyone knows of anything I can
do, please let me know.  Giving Gussy a bath is totally out of the
question.  I can only do that in the summer out in the yard.Its to cold here
in PA.  Per advise many years ago from a drooler on here , who put her
houndie in the tub and he jumped out and hurt a disc in his back , if you
remember who it was, well I did take your advise, thank you for that,
besides Gussy hates baths.  Also Gussy is on a low residue food now that I
get at the vet, don't know if that is making his skin drier  than usual. Ok,
thanks for reading this and I will watch for any replies here or you can
also email me at gussy2 at gmail.com. thank you so much.   take care and give
your houndies a kiss from me and Gussy. Love you guys, Pat.