[Dailydrool] Pumpkin vs.squash

Karen Cannon klcannon at telus.net
Sat Jan 24 11:34:24 PST 2009

Can anyone tell me if it's OK to substitue squash for pumpkin when feeding it to dogs for fibre and to keep their stool solid?  After all, what is a pumpkin, but a type of squash?
This would be the hard shell, orange winter squash - like Hubbard or Acorn squash.

Our Lucie (almost a year old) is fed a tablespoon or so a day and I like to cook fresh for her rather than using canned, and pumpkin season is over - so can I use squash?

If anyone is going to know, it's going to be the people who make up the "Basset Cult"!

I am proud to be a member.

Loads of drool to all houndies and two-leggers who are in need.

Karen & Lucie (Devil Dog!)