[Dailydrool] Pill eating Bassets

Leah McConnell lmcconnell at centurytel.net
Mon Jan 26 01:32:28 PST 2009

This spring Maggie had blood work that showed she was a little anemic so the
vet said to give her a Vit. B Complex pill a day. She enjoyed them so much
that she helped herself to almost half a bottle. She had taken them out of a
drawer that I kept all my medications in. The drawer had been left open a
crack and she managed to open it up half way and took out everything in her
way and dropped them on the floor. A friend and I found the chewed up cap
and looked around for a bottle to go with it. I just thought she found the
cap in the recycling and chewed it up until I was on my hands and knees
trying to get my cell phone from under a cart. That is when I spotted the
bottle. I called the vet and she said to use hydrogen peroxide on her. She
threw them up along with her dinner all over the rug just 20 min before
company was coming for dinner. My medication is now in a top drawer instead
of a middle one or in a storage container on top of the microwave. I also
have all bread products and the likes in a storage tub up on the counter
that she should not be able to reach. I was just thankful she had not gotten
into any of the prescription meds I had in the drawer. She is very adept at
removing items that are in her way when she wants something.

Leah momslave to Maggie the Evil Empress of the San Juan Islands OEBE and
Rusty ATB