[Dailydrool] claude's rimadyl adventure and safe places

Nadine Mysker nadine at mysker.com
Mon Jan 26 08:36:16 PST 2009

I thought of our Jill the Bagel when reading of Claude's escapades.
We thought our treat bucket was safe on top of our (full size)
refrigerator until we came in one day and found Jill ATOP THE
BREAKFAST BAR  trying to score the entire bucket from atop the fridge.
 We had only had her a few weeks when this happened.  Since then we
have seen her open cabinets (the pantry was a favorite--at one time it
held a 5# Hershey bar which she partially unwrapped, a 20# sack of
potatoes which she "peeled" and shredded, and lots of spice jars that
rolled down stairs nicely, thank you very much!), doors--"um those
mittens and mufflers need to be freed from the hall closet and stored
in my toy bin for safekeeping", linen closet--there should be a bounty
on Bounty, Puffs, Charmin--all giant size of course and just hankering
to be shredded. Everything toxic is now under lock and key in a file
cabinet in our home office.  She has not yet found the key (and I tend
to forget where I hide it occasionally, another side effect of owning
Jill--you tend to have memory lapses because you are so busy trying to
stay one step ahead of the old girl. . .)  Oh, and my son now stores
his left over treats like chips, pretzels and crackers in his gun
safe.  The only thing she has destroyed is two crates and two beds in
those same crates.  (Jill:  I'M PUNISHING YOU, DAMN IT!).  My husband
is considering getting one custom made by a metal fabricator friend.
We have learned to put TWO covers on our down quilts as it saves on
repairs as Jill likes to rearrange them prior to stealing a spot on
the bed.  And all my friends advised me to walk away from this
adoption siting bassets are dumb. . .

Nadine Mysker, slave to Jill the Bagel