[Dailydrool] Daisy, mast cell tumor advice

Noah Goslowah handsomehounds at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 08:46:35 PST 2009

I did put Heidi Go Lightly, my adopted older basset girl, through chemo for her lymphoma.  The oncologist explained to me that dogs do not suffer many of the side effects of chemo that plague human patients.  Also, Heidi was getting chemo in pill form every 6 weeks.  She did not seem tired after tx, or suffer any other observable side effects. I also used a home-cooked cancer diet and some supplements.

Heidi lived for one year after her diagnosis.  Her quality of life was good. At the point where her lymphoma had advanced enough to cause her a little difficulty breathing, and her heart problem was worse, I sent her to heaven.

Every person has different feelings about extending dogs lives with chemo or radiation therapy and every dog is different. In the end, I would do what my heart dictates.

Drool for Daisy!

Janice

Janice Henry Colvin