[Dailydrool] Kelvin's ear update

Carmen Kraus kdbeads at verizon.net
Tue Jan 27 15:56:29 PST 2009

Well our vet visit went ok today. The ear with the big ulcer is '100%
better', no additional vet treatment needed. The other ear is still
irritated so we had it packed again and will wait a week before cleaning
it out. No more visits unless he has problems.

We are a few pounds out from dental surgery. Vet want's him nearer to 50
before we do the surgery, he dropped a half pound this week due to all
that flopping and jumping around and is back down to 46.5. We are trying
to hit 49 before surgery to make sure he has enough reserves to handle
not eating for a day or 2 and the anesthesia.

Here's quick video of him from yesterday right after his bath:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=soF5fB2cEDc

And the update on his adoption status.  IF we decide that we are going
to adopt him it will be after the dental surgery.  I have a big IF there
because hubby and I are talking about keeping him.  We don't think he'd
be any better off anywhere else. Don't often feel that way about the
rescues, but him..... he's been put through hell and it ended when he
came here. I can see it in him, the relief, but sometimes he's so
sensitive we have to watch how we speak and how we deal with the others.
Even that affects him.  I don't want him to have to go through learning
a new family, it is still hard for him to do that here.

Carmen