[Dailydrool] Kelvin's ear update

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Wed Jan 28 04:49:17 PST 2009

Carmen,

Not that the video makes it crystal clear.. but from the video, it really
doesn't look like Kelvin needs another 5 pounds.

A drooler I think it was.. posted a way to tell if your hound is over,
under, or just about right on the fatness/fitness scale..

feeling the ribs of your hound... compare that feeling to the knuckles of
the back of your hand when you have that hand clinched in a fist... if
that's how his ribs are.. then he needs more fat on his bones (more food not
really just giving fat to him)...

now open your hand, and feel those same knuckles again from the palm side of
your hand.. if the ribs feel like that... then he's over weight....

and lastly.. still with your hand flat open.. feel the back of your hand's
knuckles again.. if you feel his ribs and they are like that.. then his
weight is just about right.

When your hand is closed in a fist, the skin is taut on the back of your
hand's knuckles... simulating no fat around the bone.. open handed palm side
of those knuckles you have to press to feel them.. too much fat there... and
then open handed back side's knuckles just a little fat..

anyway.. he looks good..

-Robert