[Dailydrool] Bassett Standoff

weedbusgrouches at aol.com weedbusgrouches at aol.com
Wed Jan 28 11:38:35 PST 2009

Yesterday I let Roscoe and Dasiy out, like I always do,before going to the coffee shop. They did not meet me at the gate when I got home. As I went to the back room, I heard some chattering and low growling sound outside the back door. There on the picnic table was a squrrel standing on it's hind legs, chattering at?Roscoe.? Dasiy meanwhile was creeping up from behind. The squrrel would move from one side of the table to the other, watching and chattering at?both of the droolers. This went on for several minutes before the dumb squrrel made a mad dash for the fence line and bambo bushes along the fence line.? Roscoe almost had the tail, if he hadn't had to jump off the deck. He did get some fur. The squrrel sit on the fence and looked at them. With all the commotion the dogs next door and got into the frey. Luckly the squrrel made it to the back power pole. There he sat laughing at the dogs. Roscoe and Dasiy finally gave up when they heard the fire department leave the station. They started their howling? along with the siren's. The squrrel escape up the pole and into some trees. I think this is the same squrrel that likes to tease the eight dogs that are our neighbors.

Frank Weed