[Dailydrool] A basset used for hunting--concerned..

Mary Tipping MTipping at cblh.com
Wed Jan 28 12:59:50 PST 2009

I am looking for Droolers' opinions/experiences:  someone at work has
been trying to rehome her basset.  She thinks she has a good home lined
up, but the man wants to use the basset as a hunting companion.  He's
wants to spend this weekend with him to see if he would be a good fit.
The man lost his dog 2 years ago and his wife has always wanted a
basset; the kids are young adults and they are a dog-loving home.  I am
not concerned about the home, just that I know that bassets follow their
noses completely and off they go, to get lost and/or hit by cars--we
read it so much on the DD.  I know that bassets were bred for hunting,
but I wanted to get feedback from Droolers--do you think it is a good
idea to have a basset off lead and taken on hunting trips?  I explained
my concern to my colleague, who didn't know about the famous basset
nose; I just wanted my fears either allayed, or supported!  Thanks so
much!

Mary, Harley, Biggs and Leo--who are safely contained in a garden fenced
in like Fort Knox!

This e-mail and any attachment is intended only for use by the addressee(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information.  Please email or call 302-658-9141 to advise the sender of a transmission error and delete the message and any attachments and any printouts.  Any tax advice contained in this communication is not intended and cannot be used to avoid penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or to promote, market or recommend to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.