[Dailydrool] In case you were wondering....

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Thu Jan 29 18:46:03 PST 2009

A newfie wears size medium (waist 34") mens boxer/briefs. Ace has had a hot spot on his hip. I've had one of those soft, foam type e-collars on him since the hard ones that big become a lethal weapon. Anyway, it heals, but every time I take the collar off, he starts back again. Now, he figured some way to bend the collar and chewed just below the other spot so I needed to find another way to cover it. I bought the boxer/briefs, made the opening bigger and put them on backwards so his tail is through the hole. They only come up the crease of his hips underneath, so he can actually wear them and do his business - I made the hole in the back big enough to stay clean. The irritated area is now covered - if he leaves these on. He actually looks pretty cute running around in his boxers! Smaller sizes may work for Bassets with similar problems. I measured around him, just in front of his hips and got that size and it worked pretty well. The boxer/briefs are snug enough that they don't see
m to slide off, but stretchy enough that they don't seem to bother him.

We send lots of drool and I lit several candles tonight for all the new souls headed to the bridge...too many! We hope everyone is healthy and happy again and all the homeless houndies have warm beds and loving furever families.

Synthia, so many bellies to rub, so little time.
Bud, Barney, Kahuna, Zuma, Pearl
Ace (the boxers look so good, I think I need a Speedo next)
Baja
Maya