[Dailydrool] Renee's "Rescue Question"

Susan Timmerman stimmerman at embarqmail.com
Sat Jan 31 06:51:43 PST 2009

Hi Renee!  I do volunteer for a rescue...not a basset only rescue though.
Anyway, I've never heard of the escrow thing.  Sometimes we do ask folks to
make a "donation" to help with caring for the dog until someone comes along
that wants to adopt them.  If they can't provide vet records then we have to
have the dog vetted and have it spayed or neutered if it's not already done.

As for whether a rescue pays the vet bills for the dogs in foster
care....that's probably up to the individual rescue.  The rescue I volunteer
with does.  I should think a rescue would have a difficult time finding
foster homes if they expected the foster home to pay for vet care.  If you
are thinking of volunteering with a rescue as a foster home I'd sure make
sure I ask that question before I agree to take in a foster.  If you can
afford the vet care for the foster that's a great way to make a donation but
if you can't afford it then it could end up being a problem for you
financially!

Susan
Mom to Gertie, Jolly & Mustang Sally (ATB) and
various other canine and feline kidz

Please visit us at Chappy's Place
http://www.chappysplace.net

7 Bells Sanctuary - Senior Pet Rescue