[Dailydrool] Harvey & Pearl

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Sat Jan 31 08:37:10 PST 2009

Hi Melissa,

Not exactly the same situation but I had 2 male littermates.  They had been together since birth(born here).  They went to shows together , lounged and napped together and Played (alot) together.  They were together for 15 months.  One of them recently finished his Championship and went off to his new home.
The brother still at home kept going to his brother's crate and whined for the 1st day or two.  Especally when none of the older dogs wanted to play with him.    I washed all the bedding.   I didn't do any real or extra coddling.
It has been about 6 days now and the whinning stopped a few days ago.   He is adjusting just fine.  He does have other playmates but was especially close to his brother.
Just give Pearl some time.  Like Sandi mentioned Dogs live in the moment and adjust pretty quick to new situations.   Just think of how all the fosters adjust to every  new home.    Dogs don't really think in terms of yesterday or tomorrow like we do.  Our memories are far longer then dogs. Our pain much deeper.

Cathy Blatz
www.summerhilldachshundsandbassets.com
http://www.geocities.com/clubbasset/index.html
http://www.dachshund-wpdc.org/