[Dailydrool] drool poem

Margaret Honnold machonnold at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 31 08:36:48 PST 2009

I think that it has begun....the drooling...here is a little poem about it, Maggie

Is This It?
The Beginning Drool
My Ma says she remembers about her first time
with human drool and how her high school boy friend did slobber like a fool;
For the first time that he kissed her wasn’t
with much skill and all the romance of the moment he did quickly kill.
She was dressed in blue chiffon with flowers
on her dress but after he was finished all she remembers is the mess!
So this morning as she scratched my head
which I laid upon her knee imagine her surprise when a wet deposit she did see.
What was that wet spotat which she stared? From where did that slime
come? Oh ICK! Oh NO! Oh SURELY NOT! Has the Dreaded Drool begun?
Then Ma raised her hand and spread her soft
clean fingers down the side of my long nose, she did, and felt me all around.
And in both dismay and joy she took a hold of
me and said”Oh, little Holly, what a big Basset you’re gonna be.”
“You’ll soon be drooling like the rest, not
little puppy spots but ones for which she will have to get both rags and cloths
and mops.”
(and then
she told me what that means…..)
As a big and drooling hound, I much drool can
send to all of the new houndies who on the Daily Drool are friends.
The ones who are sick, or lost their ways and
are waiting to be found by forever friends in warm nice homes with love around
them bound.
The ones whose slaves have moved on to places
we can’t go, but who live with us in memory and still set our hearts aglow.
I can be a Daily Drooler….and live up to
Basset fame, for slinging drool will be such fun…I now too can play the game!
SO………Buppy Drool Buckets to all my Daily
Drool Friends! From Hollyberry Christmas and her Ma, now wearing one wet pair
of pants.
Maggie Honnold and Honnold's Hound and Furkitty farm