[Dailydrool] Pearl's grieving and missing her boy

Hinchliffe at aol.com Hinchliffe at aol.com
Sat Jan 31 08:36:36 PST 2009

Melissa --

I'm so sorry about Harvey.  I know what you mean about feeling  physically
ill with the grief.  You and he are held tightly in my heart and  my thoughts.

And I'm sorry about Pearl's grieving and confusion.  Just a thought,  which
had helped one of my girls, is to get D.A.P. (Dog Appeasing  Pheromone).  It's
a doggie pheromone, what mothers produce to calm their  puppies.  It's
available in a little dispenser kind of like Glade air  freshener; also in a collar
form.

My vet had actually first recommended this, because she had a cat who was
inconsolable, and in desperation she tried the cat version, and it calmed and
soothed her almost immediately.  I tried it with my girl, for whom nothing
else had worked, and it worked miracles.

If you google "D.A.P. dog" you'll find more information about it, and  places
to get it.  (It's available many places -- for  instance, through Drs. Foster
and Smith, or Amazon, or eBay.)  If  you don't want to wait for the shipment
to arrive (so that she can start getting  relief sooner), you might want to
try a local vet or pet supply  store.  From personal experience -- I really,
really recommend it for  her.  (I wish they made it for humans!)

(Since it would be just for her, and just for short-term, the collar may be
more cost-effective for you.  My girl needed it long-term, so I bought the
dispenser and the refills.)

Good luck -- and, again, my heart aches for you in your loss.

Fondly,
Beth H. (Duchess ATB and Blueberry ATB)

steps! (http://pr.atwol
a.com/promoclk/100000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=De