[Dailydrool] For Melissa, Jo and Pearl

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 31 09:38:47 PST 2009

Firstly, let me join in saying how sorry I am for your devastating news.
  I had a similar experience last year and I think dogs need time to grieve, like we do.
  When Solly suddenly went to the bridge Rolph was devastated. Solly was his best friend.
  For two weeks he was clearly miserable and every time we went anywhere he had spent time with Solly he looked for him, even though he was there when Solly suffered his accident.
  Gradually he has returned to himself, but he has not formed a friendship with another dog like the one he had with Solly.
  For this reason I would not think it a good idea to get another dog yet. Pearl and you need time to grieve for Harvey.
  The time may come when Pearl finds another friend, like it might for Rolph, but you can't push these things.

  With deepest sympathy,
  Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK