[Dailydrool] Pano

rescue at wabr.net rescue at wabr.net
Wed Jul 8 20:39:09 PDT 2009

Pano is very common in young bassets, it is like growing pains in humans.  If you go to the Daily Drool Website you will see a write up on it.  A "good" ortho vet can see it on a X-Ray, and vet familiar with bassets will recognize it immediately.  Like human growing pains it is painful and a few days on Rimadyl helps with the pain (and no a week on Rimadyl does not cause damage to the kidneys).  The sad thing is I've seem vet's give all sorts of expensive supplements, to telling owners the leg needs to be removed.  My basset vet highly recommends owners have the bassets at about 7 months old have their front legs X-Rayed, again using ortho vet.  That is the time when they can correct UALs, and save a basset from years of deformed front legs.  Pat