[Dailydrool] Anals

Deborah Roberts D_Roberts at acs.org
Fri Jul 17 05:48:47 PDT 2009

I've never heard of anal glands being flushed.  Clarabelle and Roscoe
get their glands expressed from time-to-time.  I usually know it's time
to get them in when they start scooting or picking.  Clarabelle often
manages to express hers all by herself, usually when she's sitting on my
husband's lap, or we're eating dinner. Not pleasant at all!!

It can be a stinky procedure to say the least.  Clarabelle pretty much
cleared the room last time she had to have this done.  As long as there
isn't an infection or something else going on, it isn't painful to the
dog at all.   It takes about a minute.  Some people learn to do it
themselves, but since I've already paid for the nice new sign in front
of my vet's office, I just go ahead and let them take care of it.

Rosoce doesn't like anyone working in the nether regions, so he can be a
bit of a challenge.

Good Luck!!

Drool to all in need and hopefully Brudder Elwood passes his rock.

Debbie

Owned by Clarabelle and Roscoe

Being Watched Over by Penelope, Stanley and Casey ATB

After a visit to the beach, it's hard to believe that we live in a
material world.  ~Pam Shaw