[Dailydrool] Ellie

Desiree Richard dlrichard14 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 19 19:21:52 PDT 2009

With a very heavy heart, I'm very sad to say that my sweet foster girl, Ellie, passed away today.  Her tired heart just couldn't go anymore and the heartworms got the best of her.
She came home in Feb of this year and was a ham from the first day.  I'll miss how her whole body moved like a slinky when she wagged her tail and how I always had to search for socks because she loved to steal them.  I'd even find them outside sometimes.  I'll miss how she would paw us for a hug and how she loved to curl up on the couch to snuggle.  I'll also miss watching her try to stuff as many of her babies as she in her mouth to bring to me.  I'll miss kissing those long, hanging jowls on her beautiful basset face.  She had that pitiful basset look that I'll never forget.  We had no doubt that in the beginning of her treatment, she would make it through.  I guess it just goes to show that you really know with heartworms.
We tried everything she could but her poor heart just couldn't take the treatment anymore.  The right side of her heart was starting to fail and the meds just weren't cutting it.  She was only with us for a few months, but we gave her a great life for that short time.  I miss her already.  Rest in peace my sweet girl.
Desiree