[Dailydrool] Basset Sighting and Elwood's Dilemma

Elsamarie5 at cs.com Elsamarie5 at cs.com
Sun Jul 19 20:12:38 PDT 2009

Hi to all from Fresno,

The September issue of Dog Fancy has a cute article under "Happy Endings"
about a Basset Hound name Charlie who lives on an island with his dadslave.
It includes a picture of him on the beach with his little "guest book" around
his neck. If you can't get a copy, he has a website with video at
www.yelapacharlie.com.

Archie is soooo in-vee-us of Brudder Elwood, he never thought of eating a
rock, once he did eat a metal attachment to a faucet that wouldn't pass,
wouldn't come up and wouldn't go down (Archie doesn't like to talk about that
part though). He ended up with $1700.00 worth of surgery to remove it. But
like he says, what's a guy supposed to do when no one ever feeds him? These
Bassets are going to shake us all out of our nut trees !!!

I think the record breaking heat is getting to all of us, today it was 112
degrees and all 3 dog persons are having to be shoved out the door for potty
breaks. Archie is barely surviving with his various fans, popsickles,  ice
cubes and the 24/7 air conditioner. Momslave is seriously exploring the
internet looking for a cold place to retire, like maybe Nova Scotia?

Drool to all in need and Vaseline lubricant to Elwood ("Come on guy, pop
that poopy puppy out so we can all relax")

Judy & Archie in Fresno, heat stroke capital of the nation