[Dailydrool] "Franken-Pelly" post surgery photos

toppogigio at yahoo.com toppogigio at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 1 13:31:35 PDT 2009

My big baby is home!  Pelly had to stay an extra day with the vetlady because he had a bad case of "the runs" Sunday and Monday, and so we opted to them treat him for that before bringing him home.  He was most happy to see us yesterday afternoon when we came to buy him back from the vetspital, and made sure that EVERYBODY in earshot knew that he was happy to see us.

Someone requested photos of Pelly post surgery, so I put them up on Photobucket.   (http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/toppogigio/)  I hope they come out okay.  I took these this morning, the surgery tumor/cyst removal surgery (12 of the little buggers) was on Thursday last.  All of his incisions are clean and tight and look good, and the vet is pretty confident that there is no
 residual to any of the things she removed.  Unfortunately, Pelly has about half of his hair shaved off his neck and back, and if you look carefully at the one shot of his back, you can see the scar from his back surgery from last summer.  This poor guy has really been through it.

In addition to the "indignity" of having half his hair shaved off, they gave him a "suit" to wear while he's recovering.  The suit's a great idea for a shorter-backed, longer-legged dog.  On Pelly, it looks a bit like a clown suit, or maybe an oversized baby's "onesie" or a scrub suit.  It is a funky kind of breathable fabric, but it doesn't stretch, and has elastic around the neck, legs, and keyhole tail area, but it won't stay comfortably on his shoulders, so I have to keep pulling it up so he can walk.  Otherwise, his back legs get all tangled up in it.   For him to go out for his "business", we have to undo the belly velcros
 and pull the sides up onto his back.  He just "loves" this thing....I'm very surprised he has lasted in it this long and not "ventilated" it considerably.  Tomorrow I think I'll hit Goodwill for a couple of kid-sized t-shirts and some boxers.  The poor guy is uncomfortable enough without having to fight with his "clothes".  But, the suit protects him from being licked either by Jasmine and Addie or by himself, so it's a real must.  Stitches come out on the 15th....if he doesn't take them out sooner himself.  We'll see.

Thanks for all the drool....it helps a lot!  We're droolin' for all in need!

Lisa

"Dr. Pelly", Penelope, Jasmine, and Addie-Lou Roo (still a Baby Kangaroo!)

L.K. Metzler
San Marcos, TX   toppogigio at yahoo.com     "A dog wags its tail with its heart." - Martin Buxbaum     "If dogs could talk it would take a lot of the fun out of owning one." -- Andy Rooney