[Dailydrool] Pelly's scrub suit, and full-body basset suits

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 2 00:08:28 PDT 2009

Pelly looks quite handsome in his scrub suit. Having experimented with a number of different t-shirts and homemade dogsuits, I've found that it helps a lot to attach ties (a ribbon will do nicely) at the collar of the T-shirt, and to tie these ties to the dog's actual collar. This keeps the T-shirt from slipping over the dog's shoulders.

I've also devised a nifty one-piece dogsuit that I use when one of my hounds needs coverage so that neither he nor his brother will lick a hotspot or stitches. (The e-collars don't work if other dogs in the household stop in to do the licking of the spots the afflicted dog can't reach). My husband needs the computer just now, so I'll post later on how to make a tailored basset-suit. Val