[Dailydrool] 3 Bassets Need Homes

Terry amzany at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 2 17:23:48 PDT 2009

There are 3 Bassets here in Louisiana that need immediate homes.  Looziana Basset Rescue cannot take them in. They were bought as back yard breeders but have not bred yet, thank goodness.  2 females and 1 male.  Since they are outside dogs and so far south think, fleas, ticks, heartworm and all other such things. Of course need to be spay and neutered.  I can't afford the expenses so like many of you this keeps me from adopting one of these babies.  Oliver is the 1 1/2 yr old lay down in front of you while you are walking and trip you guy.  Very loving.  Ethel is 2 or 3 yrs old.I don't know anything about. her.  Snoopy is 2 yrs old.  She was attacked by a larger breed of dog while in a cage and has a scar from the attack.  She will only approach and play with the 18 month old child in the family.  I was told that one of them was a tri-color but know nothing else about them.  If you look at a map of Louisiana it is shaped like a Boot.  We are right in the toe of the boot in Bogalusa.  If you cross the bridge on the edge of town you are in Mississippi. Let me know if you can help with these dogs.  The lady is 71/2 months pregnant and these dogs must go now.  She has 5 Bassets.  She has other ways she is thinking of to get rid of these babies and I hate to think what kind of homes they will go to since they can still be bred for profit.