[Dailydrool] wannabe Melmo to the bridge

BrierK at aol.com BrierK at aol.com
Fri Jul 3 09:31:53 PDT 2009

I just wrote last night about Melmo's decline.  This morning, we  decided
that she does need to be helped across the bridge.  She can't stand  on her
own, and this morning we aren't  getting the tail wags that she gave  even
last night.  She's tired and it is time.  My husband made the  call to the vet
this morning.  I'm so glad he is able to take her in;   I honestly don't
think I could.  I'm typing through my tears, and trying to  pull it together
so I can help my kids with their grief.  And, of course,  Lucy will miss her
playmate and mentor.

Melmo was the dog that chose us.  She came to us as a puppy.  I  was out
walking my dog (a newf/lab mix) and next thing I know, a white fluff  ball was
following me.  She had apparently escaped from a backyard  somewhere.  She
had a rope tied around her neck.  She was fearful of  men and doors.  I
watched for lost dogs signs but luckily found  none. She stayed, and became the
most peaceable dog you've ever met.  She  whined if our cats hissed at each
other.  She was patient and kind to  everyone.  (My youngest son named her
after his favorite tv program--Sesame  Street.  He called the show "Elmo",
but couldn't pronounce it  correctly.  So Melmo ended up with her unusual
name.)  She will  be missed.

Kristi
Lucy and soon to be ATB Melmo

**************It's raining cats and dogs -- Come to PawNation, a place