[Dailydrool] update Sarah Jane back surgery

Valerdoos at aol.com Valerdoos at aol.com
Fri Jul 3 14:49:43 PDT 2009

Hi ,

I received so much helpful info when I posted that Sarah Jane was having
back surgery on a disc on June 22 that I wanted to send out an update. I am
glad  to say she is doing much better today.  It will be a long road but I
think  she will do well. The first week and half have been tough. Everyone
told  me  that it would be.
She was being picky about eating. She also would only pee once a day .
We had our therapy evaluation on tuesday with a wonderful vet Dr St  Clair.
He took the pain patch off her back and her attitude and appetite  got
better the next day She even tried to push up while we were there .It  was
amazing.I think she wanted out so badly she was going to scoot for the door  and
stand up to get away. She is scheduled to see her surgeon on Tuesday to have
 her staples removed .Dr St Clair will start water therapy on wednesday. We
  will also  start using a harness he designed that supports her chest and
back end. I think it will be easier to use then the leash, collar and then
sling  for the rear.
I want to say thank you to everyone for all the support I received. This is
 a great group of  caring people and a great resource for any basset  owner.

Valerie, Dave & Sarah Jane