[Dailydrool] Maggie update

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 17:47:31 PDT 2009

I am totally confused as to what could have been wrong with Maggie. Noticed
I used past tense. She coughed for about a day and a half. The morning after
I posted that she coughed we woke up to one spot of vomit and one of mucus
from her bum. We immediately started the potatoes and boiled hamburger diet
on her (she has a history of needing this). Well, we prepared the food, let
her belly relax, and watched her carefully, then we fed her. She has kept
her food down. No more diarrhea or vomiting and the coughing stopped that
day. Perhaps she ate something she shouldn't have? Maybe something was
"stuck" in her throat? I really don't know as I have no experience with the
cough whatsoever. Maggie is still on the special diet we prepared and we
will start adding kibble in once we are sure she is completely better. With
the holiday the vet has been closed, but we have experience with the
vomiting and the mucus passing. That is not the issue. The coughing stopped.
I have no explanation. Thank you to everyone who emailed me. I am behind on
drools so not sure if anyone posted, but thank you if you have also. I am
catching up as much as I can tonight.

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee,