[Dailydrool] Rainbow Bridge

Susan Stoker sue117 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 3 22:13:19 PDT 2009

So my husband and I were vacationing in Washington State this past week. Specifically we are in Stehekin, WA. You drive about 3.5 hours east from Seattle to Chelan. Then you take a ferry boat up Lake Chelan 50 miles to Stehekin.

It's in the North Cascades National park so there is lots of great hiking. There are lots of great mountains all around us. So anyway, one day we we went on a very special hike. We hiked around Rainbow Mountain on the Rainbow Loop trail. After hiking about 2 miles we got to Rainbow Creek which leads to Rainbow Falls. But the BEST part of the hike was the Rainbow Bridge over Rainbow Creek.

It was beautiful! It was amazing to actually be at the Rainbow Bridge! We only wished that we had brought the ashes of Blue, Elmo and Albert with us. We are determined that the next time we visit this special place we will bring the ashes and set them free at the real Rainbow Bridge.

here are 2 pictures of the "real" Rainbow Bridge.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f385/sue117/rainbowbridge.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f385/sue117/STA70026.jpg

Susan Stoker and the Tank Hounds