[Dailydrool] Sundays with Loki and Jordan and a little drool for Crackers

KR1204 at aol.com KR1204 at aol.com
Sun Jul 5 17:40:35 PDT 2009

I was awakened this AM at 4 by Jordan snarking Loki off the bed. It appears
 that there are certain spots on the human body that houndies value (chest,
small  of back and behind the knees) and Loki must have tried to improve
his position.  He was whimpering in the hall on the dog bed. He is such a
wuss. Meanwhile,  Crackers took advantage of this and moved in and did the full
body snuggle  against me- which is extremely enjoyable in the summer in
Jersey! Any way, I  hugged him and he rolled over for a belly rub. I woke again
around 6 and reached  over to cuddle Crackers and he yelped in pain. He
moved slowly to go out but ate  with gusto and did a normal pee/poop. Since I
know that Lyme's can cause joint  pain within minutes, I gave him a
doxycicline ( I have a ton left over from  Spanky) and put him in the computer room
with a shut baby gate so he would not  be pestered. I gave him another doxy
tonite and will get him to the vet ASAP but  if he is pain free tomorrow, it
kind of means it is Lymes even tho every one is  on Advantix. He did finally
get up on the recliner a few minutes ago but instead  of jumping up, he used
his head to raise his body, and got up one paw at a time.
Jordan and Loki's score for today: 2 dvd's , a library lamp that broke on
mom's head and another coffee maker carafe.
Kathy with an  ice pack for her head , Crackers, Loki and  Jordan