[Dailydrool] Have a girl basset in need of the UnderHound Railroad.....

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Tue Jul 7 01:31:56 PDT 2009

Hi Menzie,

Bless you and thank you for stepping up and taking this girl in.  She deserves a whole lot better than what she did have.  I don't know how they could not have noticed how malnourished she was.  I think it was more a case of they didn't care as long as they could make money off her. (Grrr is the mild, nice way of saying what I feel.)   At least now, thanks to you, she will never have to have any more buppies. It amazes me how sweet and gentle these houndies can be even though they have been through h*ll at the hands of idiots.  I hope the boy escapes as well and saved by the UnderHound Railroad as well. (I love that term and what it stands for!)

As for animal control even with all the laws we have in California I still find them to be worthless idiots.  We had a potential vicious dog in our neighbors yard a week ago (it was growling that scary low-pitched growl and in the crouch position).  She was worried because she had a kitty outside.  AC told her to stay in the house and hopefully the dog will go on its merry way.  She was suppose to call back if the dog attacked anyone or another animal.  I was appalled as this is a family neighborhood and their are adults and children out in their yards all the time.

I know I can't do much being that I am in California but if I can help in any other way let me know.  If all else fails and she needs out quick we could always"under ground" her here. I am not sure where you are but in my mind the farther away from those scumbags the better.  I am sure that 3 of my droolers would love it.  However Empress Ruby Doo (the long legger) and Nelly Belle (my senior gals) would probably give me a piece of their mind and show me their tushy side since Bazzle (my adopted out rescue) just came back to us due to the economy.  I would probably have to break out the sardines for my gals to appease their protests for quite a long, long time.

Thank you doesn't even begin to express my gratitude for what you have done for her.  Her story had me remembering Nelly Belle when I rescued her and became a foster failure the minute we drove away from the scumbags house.  We are sending the little gal healing, healthy drool and will keep you both in our prayers.  I pray that she finds a home very soon and that the scumbags get a case of memory loss and don't come looking for her.  We will keep the boy in our prayers as well.

Belly rubs and snooter smooches to the little gal,
Karen and The Dog House Gang

P.S.  If you don't mind or can't find a foster mom I could post her to a couple of lists I belong to.  I know there are some people from the Arkansas area on them.