[Dailydrool] elbows and knees

Renee Kummerer msbbeabear at comcast.net
Wed Jul 8 05:33:25 PDT 2009

To the person who has the 6 month old Basset hound, please do not operate on him.  We have an almost one year old boy who has the same thing.  He started to limp badly at the age of 6 months.  The vet told me the same thing that he had elbow problems that needed operated on.  We opted to go with the Pano.  He has been treated periodically with dog aspirin and after 6 months is doing 99 per cent better.  Some days he is worse.  We don't know why.  They say it can take up to 2 yrs of age with Pano and it is an in and out kind of thing.   The vet told us worse senario without the operation is that he might retain a slight limp for the rest of his life.  He can live with that.  I see as he is growing and his bones are getting stronger, he is doing great.  Sometimes it effects his back leg on the same side.  His ellbow does jut outward sometimes when he is sitting.  Still he will not be getting an operation here.   Feel free to email me if you would like.  We have had many Bassets with Pano and everyone went away with time.
Renee