[Dailydrool] Lucy, Lilly and the muffins

Dawn dlvj at ptd.net
Wed Jul 8 16:10:01 PDT 2009

You would think that I would learn from experience.....nope, not me.  My daughter in law and I made blueberry muffins from "scratch" on Monday night.  We each got 9 muffins out of the batch and they were "to die for" muffins.  Well I ate 1 and after she went home I decided to take the garbage out.  No dogs in sight except Daisy, my lab.  I can't make a move without her so she went outside with me to get rid of the trash.  We're back in the house in 3 minutes.......Lilly comes running from the kitchen.......but not Lucy.....no not her with her bassitude attitude.  I go into the kitchen and look at my counter......I have 3 muffins.......not 8 like there were when I went outside.  There were no crumbs, no blueberries and no papers either.........they ate 5 of my muffins, paper and all and had absolutely no remorse.  This was my first attempt at scratch muffins and they loved them.  So then on Tuesday night I had to make another batch because they were so delicious and when I was done, there was Lucy begging and barking at me for her share.......NOT THIS TIME!  I have to keep being retaught how crafty and long these hounds are when they want to counter cruise.  Maybe one of these days they'll have me trained.

Dawn, momslave to Lucy, Lilly and Daisy the labbie