[Dailydrool] Basset cats and baths

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 8 19:19:43 PDT 2009

We are sending drool to the family of Shorty.  We are so sorry for your loss.  Shorty had a good life and you should be proud that you gave him that.

On Sunday night I met two beautiful basset boy rescues walking around our park with their slave.  Their names are Barney and Charley.  I invited their slave to read the Drool.  I also met a lady this morning who has a basset named Daphne.  They are coming out of the woodwork here.

The bassets all got baths this morning.  As soon as they saw the hose nozzle they were not amused.  Shelby wouldn't come out at all.  Marley hid behind the firepit and Ninja thought that a green plastic chair made her invisible.  When we were  finishing rinsing Ninja I noticed a large lump under her face.  I had never seen it before.  It was hard.  I lifted her flew and started to laugh.  She had stolen someone else's biscuit and stuffed it in her face to hide it.  She stood there through the entire bath with her teeth clamped on her find.  Shelby has the most hair I have ever seen on a basset.  I think you could brush for days and still get bunches coming out.  Ninja got her revenge later.  She went up and got on our bed and rubbed her whole little self all over the covers.  I was not amused.  She was quite dry when finished.  She sashayed her little tail down the stairs and went to sleep on the couch afterwards.  I just love the smell of wet dog.

The kitties are feeling more at home each day.  They are becoming basset kitties.  I am now having to step over them as they lay in the middle of the floor like the girls.  They come when they hear a can open and they love stealing stuff out of the dog bowls before they are put on the floor.  Picasso was asleep in front of the back door today on is back just like the girls when they are displaying their tummies.

I guess it is time for the old folk to go to sleep.  The four legged ones have been there for hours.

Drool to all in need.