[Dailydrool] scared buppy

Nadine Mysker nadine at mysker.com
Thu Jul 9 12:17:22 PDT 2009

Today I was taking a pie out of the oven and the heat penetrated the
towel and scorched my finger.  I quickly pulled my hand up and away
from the pie pan and Jill the Bagel (nearby and eagerly watching just
in case the pie jumped from the oven and fell into her mouth) flinched
and threw herself on the ground.  In retrospect, it probably looked to
Jill like I was going to hit her.
Now I know she had abuse issues in the past but I thought dogs live
"in the moment" and had
little if any memory.  The poor thing was terrified and hid under the
kitchen table shaking and waiting for a beating.  This from the dog
who had progressed to sleeping on her back, comfortable and
safe-feeling in her surroundings.  Was I wrong in these assumptions?

Nadine Mysker
Slave to Jill the Bagel