[Dailydrool] scared buppy

Alison Becker ambecker10 at msn.com
Thu Jul 9 17:03:07 PDT 2009

Unfortunately, it seems that dogs remember that kind of thing forever.  My parents used to have a walker hound and they couldn't even use their ceiling fans because April had clearly been so abused previously that she feared ANY movement from above.  It was very sad, particularly given the fact that, to my mother, animal abuse is buying a regular sofa instead of a sectional because both labs couldn't fit on the regular sofa at the same time!

I think Jill is all of those things you said.  But, she also has THAT memory in the back of her head.  She knows you love her and would never hurt her.  It's just so sad that people think it is okay treat dogs like that...THEY should be the ones with the bad memories.

Alison