[Dailydrool] Re past abuse

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 9 22:13:41 PDT 2009

We don't know if Honey was ever abused or not but she startles easily.  If you drop something  or Den is working with loud tools she will run away and try to hide.  She will even leave her food if startled and she generally eats quickly and with enthusiasim as befitting a basset.  She has adjusted well, there are less fusses with Buttercup.  They will wrestle and play alligator mouth together or with Beau.   She an Beau are good buddies but she will get after him if he hurts her or upsets her in some way.  They love their walks though we don't get out as often with the heat here.  She has long legs for a basset and has a jaunty, pranceing walk as does Beau, Buttercup is low to the ground and is a plodder. Buttercup and I are well matched.  Sue K.  Momperson to Buttercup who was a pwincess from bith and is working on her Queen status, Beau who is somewhat befuddled by the houndettes and Honey who is a cuddler supreme, the kitties who are still glad Honey is not a cat and Mickey the cockateil lover of mirrors.